Reviews of Green Comet". . . it's begging to be made into sequels . . ."
- "Green Comet won me over with its relentless hope and happiness."
- "It gave me an appreciation for science fiction in general. Ordinary fiction can not stretch your mind as much. Meticulously written and edited. It was obviously a labor of love. I really enjoyed it!"
- "BRAVO! You have done the rational thing -- you're getting your book out here! WE CAN READ IT! . . . I liked the feeling of being in a somewhat "classic" scifi novel that was character-driven, and not all "plot." . . . If you weren't consciously inspired by Heinlein . . . well, then you're some kind of psychic channel, medium, whatever."
- I just finished your book. WOW! What an ending! I want to read more about what happened to Elgin and Fran. You better have a sequel coming, or make it into a trilogy. You can't just leave it there.
- "This is an excellent read! You construct plot well, and the reader is intrigued to keep reading. I enjoyed it very much, and appreciate your making this available."
- "Unquestionably the most enjoyable Sci-Fi read I’ve had in a very long time. +1 recommendation for anyone who’s a fan of quality science fiction! Thanks rjb!"
- "I highly recommend this book to all who have an interest in science fiction, medicine, even if it is ever so slight. This book is acceptable for the younger readers for it does not contain any offensive or gratuitous sex or offensive language. The violence that is contained is no stronger that what would be found in the reading of a history book."
- "I really enjoyed the read. It took me back to the style of Science Fiction of a number of years ago, and it had a young adult feel to it."
- "I have finished listening to the first set. It really makes a difference with your reading the story. I understand it so much better. I follow along with the text. Your voice is clear and pleasing."
- "I am thinking of using chapter 13 in one of my courses to illustrate enquiry as a discourse. . . . (In chapter thirteen) you wrote a great example of language portraying the scientific method in action to establish new knowledge...right from the empirical observation to the hypotheses tested and the results obtained. All that in a solid and enjoyable narrative frame that keeps readers interested in the phenomenon and lets them wonder what can be done next. . . . Thanks a lot for giving us the access to your fine work!"
Most Liked Posts
- Aquatic Ape
- bad science
- cave art
- Collective Nouns
- creative commons
- free software
- green comet
- interesting websites
- Near Death Experience
- open source
- public domain
- The Francesians
- The Plainsrunner
Recent Posts at : unbuttoned or undone
Subscribe to Blog
Mini Profile of Author
Jim has fought forest fires and controlled traffic in the air and on the sea. Now he writes stories. Green Comet, for example.
Tag Archives: extensions
These two chapters mark the end of Part Two – The City. Part Three begins next week. Sage gets educated and works with the Professor. Then the newspaper reporters come around and her life takes a startling turn. This brings … Continue reading
There are two chapters together today, because one of them is pretty small. In chapter three, Sage learned a little about the artifact, but just enough to make her wonder even more. Today she experiments a little with it, and … Continue reading
My friend Leza Macdonald has a website in my home town — oliveronline.ca — and we’ve decided to publish my current novel — The Plainsrunner — there in serialized form. I feel like letting them get involved closely in this … Continue reading
Update I have finished proofing the first section of The Plainsrunner (working title for my current novel) and will be moving on to publishing it. I have to do conversions to the various formats — ePub, PDF and MOBI — … Continue reading
The writing is continuing to go well. I got two chapters done last week and I made a good start on chapter four today. Sometimes when I think about a story I wonder how there could ever be enough to … Continue reading
We have reached the 25,000 download mark. I think that’s a nice round number with a definite flavor of seriousness. Thank you everyone who has downloaded Green Comet and its extensions, and a special thanks to everyone who has recommended … Continue reading
It’s been a while since I posted the last extension to Green Comet (Extension Seven), so I thought I should give you an update on my progress. I’ve just completed the first draft of Extension Eight, and now I have … Continue reading
Six Thousand Downloads While I was finishing off Extension Five – Pursuit and preparing it for publication, we went hurtling past the six thousand download mark. Many thanks. rjb