Reviews of Green Comet". . . it's begging to be made into sequels . . ."
- "Green Comet won me over with its relentless hope and happiness."
- "It gave me an appreciation for science fiction in general. Ordinary fiction can not stretch your mind as much. Meticulously written and edited. It was obviously a labor of love. I really enjoyed it!"
- "BRAVO! You have done the rational thing -- you're getting your book out here! WE CAN READ IT! . . . I liked the feeling of being in a somewhat "classic" scifi novel that was character-driven, and not all "plot." . . . If you weren't consciously inspired by Heinlein . . . well, then you're some kind of psychic channel, medium, whatever."
- I just finished your book. WOW! What an ending! I want to read more about what happened to Elgin and Fran. You better have a sequel coming, or make it into a trilogy. You can't just leave it there.
- "This is an excellent read! You construct plot well, and the reader is intrigued to keep reading. I enjoyed it very much, and appreciate your making this available."
- "Unquestionably the most enjoyable Sci-Fi read I’ve had in a very long time. +1 recommendation for anyone who’s a fan of quality science fiction! Thanks rjb!"
- "I highly recommend this book to all who have an interest in science fiction, medicine, even if it is ever so slight. This book is acceptable for the younger readers for it does not contain any offensive or gratuitous sex or offensive language. The violence that is contained is no stronger that what would be found in the reading of a history book."
- "I really enjoyed the read. It took me back to the style of Science Fiction of a number of years ago, and it had a young adult feel to it."
- "I have finished listening to the first set. It really makes a difference with your reading the story. I understand it so much better. I follow along with the text. Your voice is clear and pleasing."
- "I am thinking of using chapter 13 in one of my courses to illustrate enquiry as a discourse. . . . (In chapter thirteen) you wrote a great example of language portraying the scientific method in action to establish new knowledge...right from the empirical observation to the hypotheses tested and the results obtained. All that in a solid and enjoyable narrative frame that keeps readers interested in the phenomenon and lets them wonder what can be done next. . . . Thanks a lot for giving us the access to your fine work!"
Most Liked Posts
- Aquatic Ape
- bad science
- creative commons
- free software
- green comet
- guest post
- interesting websites
- laird smith
- open source
- parasite puppeteers
- public domain
- The Francesians
- The Plainsrunner
Recent Posts at : unbuttoned or undone
Subscribe to Blog
Mini Profile of Author
Jim has fought forest fires and controlled traffic in the air and on the sea. Now he writes stories. Green Comet, for example.
Author Archives: arjaybe
Hola. The Green Comet trilogy might be getting a Spanish translation. If it works out, we should see it next spring. David, at Artifacs Libros, has contacted me through the Green Comet website and asked my permission to undertake the … Continue reading
It’s quite a change from last spring when streams and rivers were running low and we were being warned of drought conditions. Now the map is almost all green, indicating “normal” conditions. A wet September — more than 25% over … Continue reading
The Prime is showing up in stores. I’ll use this post to keep a running list of them. Go ahead and shop around for the best deal. Or go post a few reviews. Book store availability Kobo Books StreetLib Barnes&Noble … Continue reading
The Plainsrunner audiobook is showing up in stores. (Link to the ebook) I’ll use this post to keep a running list of them. Go ahead and shop around for the best deal. Or go post a few reviews. Book store … Continue reading
Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary site has a tool that you can use to find out which words were first used in print in the year you were born. Of course, you can use it to find out which words were first … Continue reading
Even though I have removed the crossword puzzle, you can still find it on its own site. There is also a link to it on the home page of this website, as well as in the Welcome to Green Comet … Continue reading
It’s been four months since I decided to let the crossword puzzle stay for awhile, and now I’ve decided that it has to go. It’s causing my already slow site — I’m on a cheap plan because nobody’s paying me … Continue reading
I want to issue a public thank you to Greta Thunberg, and by proxy to all the other young people who are doing similar work. Your actions, and by their evidence the thoughts and feelings behind them, are giving me … Continue reading
Greta Thunberg Is Leading A Youth Climate Movement Of Teen Girls Online — And They’re Getting Attacked For It The trolls are out. As is typical for them, they’re anonymous, too cowardly to stand behind their words. Just as typically, … Continue reading